In keeping with our life philosophy to live to the fullest, Jody and I are preparing for a two-week trip to Israel. We have always shared a dream of visiting The Holy Lands, but honestly never thought it would happen, at least not until our kids were grown. That all changed last year when our church (Victory Church) announced a trip to Israel this summer. This trip is part missions and part tourism. Here are a few of the things we’ll be doing:
- Working with local missionaries supported by our church
- Ministering to the Israeli children
- Visit Jericho, Galilee, & Jerusalem (just to name a few)
- Float in the Dead Sea
- Visit the cave in Bethlehem where Jesus was born
- Stop at Jacob’s well, and the town of Nazareth, Jesus’ boyhood home
- Get baptized in the Jordan River
- Renew our marriage vowels in the Garden of Gethsemane
- Stand in the Upper Room (revered as the place of the Last Supper)
- Visit the Western Wall
- And so much more
We are super excited about this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and are so grateful to all the people who so generously gave to support us and this trip. We pray God’s blessing on you in return. As we watch the Bible come alive in front of us, we also pray that God would use this trip to grow & deepen our faith. Finally, we would appreciate your prayers for safety and health both for us and our children as we are apart.
As you can imagine, I’ll be returning home with lots of pictures. Is there anything in particular you’d like to see photos of? Let me know, and I’ll try to include it in a post-Israel blog post.